Friday, September 21, 2012

Sneakerhead Feature (Anthony Parks)

 
What's on your feet? As a sneakerhead, I have many fellow sneakerhead friends that have some impressive collections. The sneaker community is very large, and I share my passion with everyone in it. I decided to reach out to one of my high school buddies so he could share his passion of sneakers with you all. Meet Anthony Parks, who started loving sneakers in Jr. high school because he was inspired by a family friend, Erik Stafford. According to Parks, Stafford was "one of the freshest guys I've ever met in my life and one of the best shoe games I've ever seen also." Him nor his family had the money to buy sneakers growing up, so he started saving his allowance money to buy them. Anthony hasn't counted in two years, but estimates he has between 250 and 300 pairs of kicks. Sneakerheads like Anthony have a love for the culture and all sneakerheads around the world. Anthony quotes, "I don't care what you rock or how many you have; if you have a passion, love, or just addicted to sneakers-- you're my kind of guy or girl. I don't plan on stopping anytime soon because like artwork, shoes are my passion. A.P. out". I got a chance to interview Anthony, so check out the video. Enjoy and stay fresh!!

COF-When did you first start collecting sneakers?
ANTHONY-I started collecting in college, so around 2002.

COF-Can you remember the first pair that you bought?
ANTHONY-The first pair of sneakers that I ever bought was a pair of soldier Reeboks that Cash Money used to wear...LOL!!!
COF-What's your favorite sneaker?
ANTHONY-My favorite sneaker overall are Nike SB Dunk High's. My favorite sneaker in my collection, man, it's a toss up between my binary blue Rookie LWP Penny's, my fire berry Hyperposites or my Bull's colorway Air Max Darwin's or "Dennis Rodman's". So, I am going to say my fire berry Hyperposite's.

COF-What do you look for most in a sneaker?
ANTHONY-When I'm looking for sneakers, I'm looking for artwork. What shoe has it's own personality, flare, character and it doesn't need an outfit for it to stand out. I love color, texture, pattern, of course comfort, but I love looking at a pair of shoes and seeing that shoes personality through its colorways and design.

COF-What makes you fresh?
ANTHONY-What makes me fresh is my originality and how I rock my shoes . I know a lot of people say that they are original, and that's what's up-- I respect that. But, I honestly wear what I like. It's not all about Retro Jordan's, Foams, or whatever the hottest shoe to drop for the month for me. It's about who is wearing the shoe that makes the shoe fresh. My personality resembles my shoes and clothes-- clean and fresh. The sneakers and clothes don't make the man; the man makes the clothes and sneakers that he wears.



No comments:

Post a Comment