Monday, March 19, 2012

The Love for Memphis


Everyone has big dreams and goals that they want to accomplish in life. To achieve these goals, you first have to visualize your plan. Once you have your plan in order, then it is time to take action. My plan has always been to set an example for the youth and be a leader in my community. Every day I watch my plan take shape and so far it has been a surreal experience. But, the reality is that the love I have for my hometown of Memphis, TN grows more and more each day and the many experiences I encounter here are just the beginning of my life journeys.



My travels through Memphis aren't typical to the normal activities that most people hear about. There are many different aspects to view Memphis, and as the Connoisseur of Fresh, I have to familiarize myself with them all. I recently attended a series of events that continue to prove this point. In just the past week, I visited the National Ornamental Metal Museum and celebrated St. Patrick's day downtown on Beale St. Many people have never even heard of the National Ornamental Metal Museum which showcases the collection, preservation, and exhibition of historical and contemporary metalwork. With over 3,000 items, hands on classes and museum workshops, it was very informative and You can't help but enjoy the artistic view of the museum's purpose.


Up next, I ended the week celebrating St. Patrick's day downtown on the "World Famous Beale Street" where there were a host of activities to celebrate in style and tradition- Silky Sullivan's block party, a painted green party bus, live music and food. There were spectators from near and far simply to have fun and enjoy their time in Memphis. All in all it was a great weekend that allowed me to experience Memphis through a different view. My love for this city continues to grow as I enlarge my territory and achieve my goals. I sometimes sit and reflect on how far along I have came, but also the ways and places I still have to go as my journeys continue.


Who knows where my next adventure may lead, but I know my love for Memphis helps me live my fresh lifestyle. Get out and about and stay FRESH!!


No comments:

Post a Comment