Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Community Come-Up Project


I am a product of the Frayser community. Despite the negative perceptions that are often labeled on this community, I am a true-life example of the positive things that can and do come from this community given support and opportunities. I have a passion to invest back in it and expand my cause to make a difference for Frayser residents and Memphis as a whole. The Community Come-Up Project is my plan to initiate a grass roots effort to uplift residents from 15-24 years old or beyond to aspire beyond the community stereotypes. This encouragement forum will take place on Saturday, December 17, 2011 from 12N-2pm. The event itself will be geared towards getting the community-parents, students, and others informed about critical issues that hinder our communties from excelling, as well as encourage them to aspire and achieve beyond. If you are reading this, I hope that you except this as my personal invitation to join me in this worthy cause. Enjoy and stay FRESH!!


No comments:

Post a Comment