Wednesday, July 25, 2012

k'Presha Boutique


There are so many different people that contribute to making Memphis a great city. We all come from different backgrounds,  but what makes us unique is the love we have for Memphis,TN and the many different ways we give back to it.

During my journeys as the "Connoisseur of Fresh," I have had the chance to network and build relationships with all sorts of other "fresh" people. One in particular is the owner of K'PreSha Boutique, Kimberly Taylor. K'PreSha is a one stop shop for some of everything-- men and women's shoes, apparel and accessories. Located on S. Main Street in downtown Memphis, K'PreSha is on a mission to find the "chic" in every woman and the "GQ" in every man.
I first met Kimberly simply by walking into K'PreSha after the boutique's grand opening. I knew little about Kimberly, but the store looked amazing! The neon signs, colorful artwork, and most importantly, the clothes instantly peaked my interest and I have been a regular from then on. (Hey, I am the Connoisseur of Fresh.) Since, I have modeled some of the fresh clothes from the racks and help promote the great things happening in the boutique and the redeveloping South Main district. K'PreSha is definitely a staple in the revival of this up and coming area in the city, and I love to support ambitious, hard working entrepreneurs just like me. Kimberly and K'PreSha have already left a great mark on the city and as they continue to grow, I will continue to support their contributions to economy and fashion in the City of Memphis.
I took a chance on one of my many visits to sit down with Kimberly and learn more about her fresh life as a boutique owner:


Connoisseur of Fresh: How long has K'PreSha been open?

Kimberly: I opened K'Presha in May of 2011.

Connoisseur of Fresh: Where are you from?

Kimberly: I am from Grenada,MS.

Connoisseur of Fresh: What made you want to open a boutiue?

Kimberly: Well, it's a little bit of a long story (Lol)... I have a Master's in Accounting and during tax season, I rented out the back office at a local boutique. I love shoes and clothes, so being in that boutique on a day to day basis inspired me to open my own. I began to talk to the owner about it, and it went on from there.

Connoisseur of Fresh: What inspires you about fashion?

Kimberly: I think it's a matter of a person's individual style coming out in a way to represent themselves-- from the way they dress or just their whole image or impression that they give off. Fashion is everything that we do!

Connoisseur of Fresh? What upcoming projects do you have in the works?

Kimberly: I have a couple different things. First, I'm going after a fashion mission to provide a platform for emerging local designers to place their clothing or assesories in the store. In addition, I'm working on a non-profit that will not only help these next generation designers to place their items in the store for short-term, but set them on a path for exposure. I'm still working on finalizing the details.

Connoisseur of Fresh: What makes you "fresh"?

Kimberly: Let's see(Lol)... I'm kind of a basic girl. So, on the fashion side, I consider my style to be classic. On the other hand, what makes me "fresh" is that I went to college and received my bachelor's and master's degree. Now, I own a business, and I'm on the right path to be successful-- not to mention that I'm not even 30 yet.

You can find more information about k'PreSha boutique at www.facebook.com/kpreshaboutique. Enjoy and stay Fresh!!






No comments:

Post a Comment