Thursday, January 26, 2012

Crumb Snatchers


"Crumb Snatchers will make you cry, laugh, cheer and think; and most of all it will inspire you." Those are words spoken by Author Brandi Worley of her book, Crumb Snatchers. Crumb Snatchers is a petty thief story that deals with the good and bad intentions that we encounter everyday. Brandi convey's this story through the eyes of a twelve- year-old character, Miley, who struggles with fitting in and doing the right thing. There are many obstacles and battles we all face in life, but the true lesson is how we are able to learn from those situations to become better people. Brandi is a native of Louisiana and she spreads her message to students across the state. She narrates her book at local schools, libraries, and educational programs. I got a chance to speak with Brandi and ask a little bit about her and her Fresh lifestyle.

 

OMF: Where is your homeotwn?

Brandi: I'm from Plaquemine, LA. It's 15 minutes outside from Baton Rouge.

OMF: What inspired you to become an author?

Brandi: Other authors inspired me such as J.K. Rowling, Ernest Gaines, Alice Walker, and Tupac. I love reading their work and about their lives. I wanted to be a writer because of them and my God given talent.

OMF: What's your favorite thing to do when you're not writing?

Brandi: Reading

OMF: What makes you FRESH ?

Brandi: I know exactly where I want to go and I'm making extreme sacrifices to get there. I went to college for writing/journalism. That's what I'm doing now and nothing has changed. I've invested my time and money in this. So no matter how hard it gets, and it gets hard sometimes, I'm not giving up. My heart and will is what makes me FRESH!!

This is a great read for inspiration and you can find this same inspiration by purchasing this book at www.CrumbSnatchersBooks.com. Enjoy and stay FRESH!!


No comments:

Post a Comment