Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wretched, Pitiful, Poor, Blind, and Naked ft. Malice of The Clipse




Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true." It is my hope that Wretched, Pitiful, Poor, Blind and Naked.... brings guidance, purpose, wisdom and meaning to your lives." These are words from Author Gene Elliott Thornton, Jr. You may know him as Malice, one half of the Virginia based rap duo The Clipse. Malice rap lyrics have always shown he had a different perspective on life. Although selling millions of records, touring all over the world and making tons of money, Malice still had a void in his life. 

Malice found out that material objects and a superficial lifestyle did not fill that void. The thing that was missing in his life was his faith and relationship with God. In Wretched, Pitiful, Poor, Blind and Naked, Malice narrates his battles with life, drugs, and money. You would think that this was a typical subject, but the way he conveys his story is quite inspirational. I was in Nashville, TN in a boutique called "Phatkaps" and saw this book at the counter when I was checking out. The salesman said that Malice had a book signing there the previous day and advised me to get it. He then quoted "This book changed my life." I looked at the salesman strange, but I was still curious about reading it. 

I purchased Wretched, Pitiful, Poor, Blind and Naked with no expectations of it changing my life, but wanted to see why the salesman made that statement. After reading the book, I too said the same thing. This book is very inspirational in a sense of giving insight on how Malice relates his life with his spiritual beliefs. If you get a chance to get your hands on one, please read it. It may change your life as well. Enjoy and stay Fresh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment